1. CPD for Teachers
2. Workshops for teenagers and more experienced performers.
Increase pupil engagement
Promote ‘on task’ learning.
We will explore ways in which positive learning environments can be created across the curriculum.
Drawing on the fundamentals of theatre practice, our training is bespoke designed to support teachers to become more effective and creative at Upper Primary and Secondary level. Our starting point is a crucial awareness that how we perform as teachers and educators has a profound effect on the mind-set and performance of our students.
Our training strategies (based on devising techniques for writers, directors and actors), support and complement all aspects of curriculum planning. Through a series of games, exercises and dynamic interactions in a ‘safe’ and sensitive learning environment, you will be encouraged to explore ways in which your innate teaching expertise is strengthened, extended and consolidated.
1. Encourage pupils to engage with you in the learning process
2. Motivate pupils to work positively as co-learners and group members.
3. Inspire pupils to commit learning to memory
4. Support pupils in overcoming learning challenges
5. Enable pupils to reflect on the learning process and on how personal targets and objectives can be attained.
6. Foster in pupils a sense of enquiry and a renewed willingness to learn, thus furthering the development of ‘growth mindset’.
7. Promote in pupils the value of forming constructive relationships, thereby enabling them to discriminate and relate in positive ways.
8. Devise strategies for managing challenging behaviour.
Groups of up to 20 participants will require one facilitator. Bigger groups may require two, which affect the price. Training can take place in your school or we have access to reasonably priced venues. Travel included within a 50 mile radius of Bristol. Please email or phone Kim Lawrence, Education Manager on 07779 729644 to talk further
Groups of up to 20 participants will require one facilitator. Bigger groups may require two, which affect the price. Training can take place in your school or a venue you provide. Travel included within a 50 mile radius of Bristol.
Please email or phone Kim Lawrence, Education Manager on 07779 729644 to talk further.
Peepolykus has taught all over the world and has run workshops and projects with a number of groups and organisations including:
West Yorkshire Playhouse, Pegasus Youth Theatre, Oxford, Lyric Hammersmith
Rose Bruford College, Deaf Stories Group, Bristol, Firebird Theatre, Bristol
Circomedia, 72Point PR, City Lit, Circus Space, Desperate Men, Inspector Sands
Tmesis Theatre, Bristol University Drama Department, Swindon Youth Theatre
The Mill Arts Centre, Banbury, Interaction, Liverpool Everyman, National Youth Music Theatre, British Council.
If you would like to join our mailing list please enter your details below.